Wednesday, May 18, 2011
If you didn't know, The 18th of April is the World Heritage Day, or the international day of monuments and sites.This was designated by UNESCO in 1982 in response to a proposal by ICOMOS (International Council Of Monuments and Sites).
Each year, a theme is selected to help focus the celebration and promotion of cultural heritage across the world.
This year's theme is The cultural heritage of water.
- The archeological valley of Nahr El Kalb.
- Beiteddine Mansion
- Municipality of Beirut
- Cathedral of St. George's Roman Catholic
- Church of St. George Maronite
- Al Omari Al Kabir Mosque
- Prince Assaf Mosque - Downtown Beirut,
- Castles of Majdal Anjar, Anjar, Baalbek, Niha, Sidon, Tripoli, Tyre and Byblos, in addition to the sites of excavations in central Beirut.
- Al Shouf Cedar Nature Reserve
- Ammik - Bekaa
- Horch Ehden
- Palm Trees island (Jazeerat Al nakhel) - Tripoli
- Tannourine Cedar Nature Reserve
Anyway, benefit from this to plan a special weekend to visit some of the places that you have never seen in Lebanon. :)
Sunday, May 15, 2011
- The re-branding is on.
- A new logo is released.
- And a whole new concept with a whole unique experience to be introduced.
- The ZwZ Mystery Revealer Part I.
- The ZwZ Mystery Revealer Part II.
- The ZwZ Mystery Revealer The happy ending.
You can check Zaatar w Zeit's official revealing video here (Loved it).
Monday, May 9, 2011
Today is the 76th Birthday of Roger Hargreaves, and this time Google decided to manipulate between 16 doodles each time you refresh the page.
So basically Google decided to create 16 doodles for Mr. Hargreaves and didn’t custom any doodle on Easter day.
A big thanks to Marie (@MarieNakhle) who got me all the doodles : )
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Sunday, May 1, 2011
- Krakow, Poland
- Bugando, Tanzania
- Harissa, Lebanon
- Mexico city
- The Shrine of Fatima
I was so pissed to see that yesterday!
"Badkon notla3 NSALLEH bi Harissa?" and not "Ta3o notla3 NWOZZA bi Harissa"